November is pancreatic cancer awareness month and following the devastating impact of the pandemic, there has never before been such a need for support in raising awareness of a disease where
- 1 in 4 people die within a month of diagnosis
- 3 in 4 people die within a year of diagnosis
- For every 10 people diagnosed, 1 will get surgery, 2 will get chemo and 7 will get NO treatment at all
- 45% of people diagnosed are diagnosed at A and E
- Survival rates have barely changed in the last 50 years
What can you do ?
Sign a pledge below and do #Something4Seth in awareness month in support of Pancreatic Cancer UK and as part of #Sethslegacy.
There are lots of way to support and some of them are outlined below
- Raise awareness via social media
- Promote the Purple Rainbow Pancreatic Cancer Podcasts
- Wear something purple to raise awareness
- Host a performance of Seth’s Story
- Hold an awareness stand in your organisation
- Put up posters in your workplace, community setting and public places
- Run education sessions for the public and/or healthcare professionals
- Raise funds – run – walk – hold cake and coffee morning
You can plan your activities to culminate on 21st November which is World Pancreatic Cancer Day
Sign up here
Closer to November your will be able to order awareness raising materials from Pancreatic Cancer UK and if you need any advice or support just send a message to email@example.com.